Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Bench training and current plan(at least for six weeks)


Postural warmup.

Incline press:

135/8
185/6
225/3
245/3
275/2

So today I pulled the trigger on something I've been wanting to do for awhile. I decided to add in some circuit training and leave it in before I start prep for the APF summer bash in Park Forest on July 29th.

Why?

Mainly because I feel circuit training is good gateway to some new gains after beating my body with "heavy as I can go weights" for awhile. Plus, I wanted to up the volume. REALLY up the volume, so here's what went down

Leg press, machine press, pulldown, leg curl, db press, pressdown, bicep curl

All those exercises were done for 3 sets of ten with a minute rest in between each set. The football team use to do this and I've been curious about how to combine the program called the "Metabolic Circuit" with my current "Westside infused" training. Nothing wrong with experimenting. I'm not even doing it during meet prep which kicks off in June, so its cool to screw around with and see what happens. I'm going to be doing this twice a week with Bench and deads(or arms) after my main movement.

Sitting at 244 right now, feeling good and adding in some postural stuff to get my hips and pelvis shifted where it should be. Until next time

No comments: