Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Max Effort Bench and Max Effort Lower

Not done on the same day obviously, so here goes.

Max Effort Bench:


Worked up to 365 close grip bench for 2 singles. Yes, that is a PR for close grip bench. My triceps strength is not the best in the world, so this was great to hit and relatively easy.

Max Effort Lower:


Done on 2 inch pads:

135/10
185/5
225/5
275/3
315/3
365/3
405/3
455/1
495/1
545/1

Front Squats: 3 sets

GHR: 4 sets of ten

Reverse Hypers: 3 sets of 10

Abs

I was pleased with how the deads turned out. I did something funky though on the way down with 405 and might have strained something a bit but it was no biggie. Throw some Icy Hot on it and keep on rolling.


I feel pretty good overall. The heat went back down to a manageable level and I'm able to eat like I want to without sweating like a hog. Not looking to get over 242 right now. I need to dial in the nutrition a bit more, but the crap foods hasn't been consumed as much as in years past. I remember pulling a Palumbo a couple years ago and just smashing double cheeseburgers like they were going out of style. Those days are long gone thank God.






No comments: