Thursday, July 12, 2012

Dynamic Effort Bench

Suffering from a bit of insomnia so I decided to post.

Speed bench: 205 bar weight w/ one set of chain: 9 sets of 3. 1 minute rest between sets.

DB Press on low incline:
90/8
115/6,6

Lat Pulldown: 3 sets of 12

Meadows rear delt destroyer: Who cares, it fucking sucked.
Arms

Bench moved good and fast. Pleased with it going into basically my final week of prep for the meet. I have been uber busy, but I have tried to keep training as consistent as possible and I've done that for the most part. Nutrition has been pretty decent too. Don't get me wrong, I've consumed my share of fine and high quality anabolics (Pizza, Italian beefs, Epic Burger) but it hasn't been like in years past, or even last year. I actually cut down my eating a little because it's been hotter than the Debils anus here the past few days. I'll eat up some more, but maybe drop the carbs back a little bit.

Spanish is going well. I need to expose myself the the material more than once a week. I think I didn't do too well on this prior exam, but it's ok as the lowest grade gets dropped and I'm sitting at a B for a midterm grade. I will take Spanish 102 in the fall again back in Lincoln. I just din't want a huge gap of time where I didn't use any Spanish at all. That would not have been good. The usual suspects though are tripping me up (vocabulary and verb conjugation)

Masters Nationals is coming up in Pittsburgh. This is a show that will show rising stars in the sport and Pittsburgh is a great city, so it will be cool to go and holler at some people. Maybe I'll be able to catch a workout as I have to train my deadlift next Friday. We'll see.

Good luck to Tommy Harrison as he and Team Gladiators powerlifting will be smashing it up in Minnesota. I'm sure the team will hit plenty of PR's. Here is the video I did on Tommy for Flexonline.com not too long ago.







No comments: