Monday, May 30, 2011

Progress, frustration and a shitshow all in one. Mondays "squat" session

Squats: Top set was 365 /2

Thats all I'm listing as that is all I could really take. No, scratch that. Thats all my knee, or what I perceive my knee could take. I wanted to go to over 500 but it was not to be I guess. I tried to take 405 but I just couldn't get through it. I felt that knee tighten on me and I just came right back up. Didn't even hit parallel. To have this happen and have only a few weeks before Nationals is incredibly frustrating. Am I doing all that I can in my squat, or am I just being a bitch about the whole thing and not pushing myself to the limits I'm capable of.

I was reminded by Gregg that aches, pains, and injuries happen. This is something I'll need to work through. I am deadset on a 700 squat, but if i don't have it the day of the meet, then I just don;t have it. I have to remember to play it smart and not get pissed off to the nth.

My warmup sucked also. I HAVE to warmup properly, if I don't then I'm shit. Period. Putting in goblet squats in my warmup also. If it takes 15 to warmup, then it takes 15. I did a warmup when my knee popped and up until that point, I was moving shit like a freight train. I felt great, form was tight and I was explosive. So when I get away from a proper warmup then I quickly get reminded of why I need to do one.

Good thing is that my job is paying my entry fee into the Nationals. So thats money I don't need to worry about paying.


Hope everyone had a Great Memorial day, but lets not forget why we celebrate it. It's more than a day off from work or time for barbeques and all that.


Bench on Wednesday, work at three, so I'll be looking at videos like these today.









Getting after it!

No comments: