Thursday, August 30, 2012

Happenings.

I am sitting in a hotel in Pittsburgh right now helping cover the IFBB North Americans which begins this morning. I have to say that I'm very fortunate to be in the position I'm in with Flex Magazine. I never thought I would be here as press. Hell, I wanted (and still want) to be on a stage showing my wares.

But regardless, I get to stay connected to the sport and I've made some observations.

NOTE:These opinions are not reflective of Flex Magazine or America Media Inc.

1: Food is kings. Why? The biggest guys are the biggest eaters. Now I know that there has been research to refute what i say, but hell, even the research says you need to eat. So don't fear food for weight loss and especially for muscle gain.

2: Moderate to heavy weights are being used. Not so heavy or light that you just swing them around. This should be a given, but you'd be surprised at how many people don;t want to lighten up the load when they are hurt. And also don't load up the bar when needed. Heavy weights give that muscle a different look thats more dense, thick and hard. However you compete (natural or "enhanced) get some weight on the bar and work that shit

3: Consistency. Thats a whole other blog post. There is a saying on a wall at school. "Stay focused on the process. Compete everyday." Thats true. Building a quality physique take being focused on the process. Even if you aren't onstage, your'e competing everyday. Why? Because the offseason is where gains are made, but where most guys (and girls) fuck up. Do you work in the gym and at the table everyday.

4: There is no substitute for time. everything takes time. Period. If your'e not willing to train, eat, rest and take your time and do the right work, then you will screw yourself royally. Quit thinking it's a bottle, a protein or an amino acid will get you there. You'll get there, but it takes time.

I could go on and on but I think I got my point across. As Eric Fankhouser say's "Do your work son"

No comments: