Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Squat, 10's wave realization 12-27-10

Squat: 135/5, 185/3, 210/5, 250/3, 290/1, 315/20 (pr)

Pullthroughs: 60/12, 80/10, 10, 10

Hanging Leg Raise: BW/8,10, 10

Reverse Hyper: some weight for some sets, it don't matter. The shit hurt regardless.

The squat is something I've been wanting to push myself in for the longest and I found that this was the perfect time to do it. So I decided the Saturday before the workout that i was going to hit 315 for 20. I started off simple enough, and hit a brief wall when I got to rep 7, pushed forward and got to rep 14. By that time my glutes were on fire, but 19 my legs started to burn, and 20 was a relief. They looked easy, but that was far from the truth.

Greg is doing good on his new program that was designed by Gary Hartwig. Greg has always been a strong guy, but it's scary to think of what could happen with a well known coach in his corner. Scary!

Bench tonight, along with video. We'll see what I got tonight.

2 comments:

Wonder Woman Wannabe said...

nice squats :) congrats on the PR!

and, I kid you not, the word verification for this comment is 'balfecto' something that I think means perfecto and balls combined and should be worked in to daily vernacular as in "that squat PR was balfecto!"

Unknown said...

Haha!! That is awesome!

Balfacto! That is now part of the hardcore training vernacular