Tuesday, December 14, 2010

First day of the Juggernaut method......

Well, I started training back serious on Monday, and I have a structured program in the form of the Juggernaut method(available at www.elitefts.com) by Chad Smith, a shot putter turned athlete who did his first meet unequipped in CA. Here is a video to show you he can walk the walk.


As I've been following his log for awhile now, I was aware he was doing something but he never named it outright, so when he released the e-book, I jumped on the first chance I had to get it.

I started light on all my lifts, so I'm working with the following "working maxes:

Squat:420
Bench:330
Deadlift:475 (but this may be lowered a little bit)
Mil Press:185

Yesterdays workout broke down like this.

135/5
185/3
225/2

250/10,10,10,10,10

That shit was hard.........how hard you ask?

Very hard. This illustrated how I need to be in good cardio shape to handle intense sessions. The rest of work went like this

Leg press: 3 plates per side/10, 5 plates/ 10, 10 ,10, 10

BW glute ham raise: 10,10,10,5

I was done after that. Going to do some cardio today too, just to get the blood moving.


No comments: