Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Training and a Look Back at Pittsburgh

Monday:

Squats:
Bar/15
135/7
185/3
225/2
285/1
325/8x3

Hack Squat:
1pl/10
2pl/7,8

Leg curl:
95/8
125/10
155/9,6+2rp (rest pause)

RDL's:
135/10
225/8,8

Leg extension:
Enough to make my legs look like Kai Greene's

This workout was brutal. It was an "explosive" day and it was tough. But thats a good thing. I'm going to have to go back to low bar squatting for my heavy and explosive days and high bar for my rep days.

Pittsburgh Musings:
First off, "the 'burgh" is my second favorite city behind Chicago. But dear God.........just two lanes on your expressway?! C'mon man!!

The IFBB North American's was a great show and Gary Udit is a great promoter. Everything ran pretty smooth with so many competitors. The over 40 class always impresses me with their condition and dedication to the sport. Guy like Rob Kreider, Monty Mabry and Ryan Celli getting things done up there. Kevin Jordan, Dusty Hanshaw, Akim Williams, Brad Davis, Julius Page and Alejandro Cambronero were all impressive. They all looked better by the night show as well. I know Kevin is moving forward to Nationals, so I'm sure he'll correct his mistakes which were really just last minute things. He'll be one of the hardest guys in the heavy's I think.

Olympia Talk:
This Olympia will be one of the most hotly contested of all time. Reason for that is because there are more questions than answers. Whats Ramy going to do post NY Pro on the biggest stage in bodybuilding. Will Phil Heath pull off a commanding win or will Jay thwart his plans to repeat? Where will Dexter Jackson land. Will Shawn Rhoden and Kai Greene upset the apple cart? I'll keep my opinions to myself for right now, but it's going to be very exciting.

Exciting fall start for bodybuilding with the North Americans! Lets see what the Olympia, Nationals, Arnold Classic Spain and the new show in China hold!





No comments: