Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Benching in the Rec, or also known as "Training with the bro dudes and functional training yahoos.

Bench:
Bar/20
135/12
185/5
225/5
255/8

Incline DB:
3 sets

Flyes:
2 sets

Still did a decent amount of reps on the two assistance exercises. Working hard on the main movements and getting blood in with the assistance work. Lots of new and old faces around (more new), so you can imagine the cluster thats going on right now.

Legs are still tender from squats on Monday. I had a back day yesterday, but it was more to move a little bit of weight and get some blood in. 60-70% intensity for sure. Not frustrated about it because I know my next block of training will be a doozy. I had to cram a weeks worth of training into a three days because of work for the North Americans, but once I get back, no more travel. It's on!

Speaking of North Americans, I think this will be a very contested show where no one will be out of shape (I hope). I kept up with quite a few people during their prep and everyone seems to be on point. But like I've said before, Instagram don't win shows. So we'll see.


And as I type this......my journey to Pitt is already messed up.........at least I ain't in Syria.

No comments: