Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Travel, Bench Day,a very QUICK word on the Dallas Europa

Bench:

Bar/15
135/10
185/7
225/5
275/3

Machine Press:
110/3x15

When 275 is heavy and your joints sound like rice crispies with milk pouring over them, then it's time to shut it down. Had a long trip in that I had to make alone so I was just happy to do something after my road trip to Lincoln.

My drive in wasn't bad and it was pretty decent considering I was driving solo. Made it in great time and cut the music off and listened to a couple of podcasts. One of which was the Chaos and Bang Your Canadian Earballs podcast (found on www.chaosandpain.blogspot.com) and the Elitefts.com Iron Subculture Podcast. The EFS one was pretty dated, but it was an uncensored conversation with Dave Tate, so it was excellent. The drive back into Lincoln was much better than going to Chicago like I did in May.

 I've been in a bit of a lull since the middle of July, but I've been fighting it off for the most part. Good training with a couple of people and staying pretty clean on my diet helped. But going pretty hard for USPF Nationals and then rolling right into prep for the Wings of Strength was good for me as I needed to push myself, but it's catching up to me a bit now. There are going to periods in your training where things, no matter how hard you try, will just not be optimal. I don't care if it's mental, physical or what have you. When you push the envelope for so long, something will break. Don't believe me? Try it out and get back to me.

I'll fight it off for as long as I can, but there should be periods where you just have to let the engine idle and the next two weeks are where I think I'll let it happen.

Dallas Europa:

Bottom line, Essa Obaid should've won. And there's that.


No comments: