Thursday, August 22, 2013

Leg Training/school update

Leg Curl:
90/18
110/10
125/9
140/2x8

Squats:
Bar/13
135/2x8
185/5
225/5
275/3

Leg Ext:
95/25,14

Nothing crazy or earth shattering here. Just getting the blood moving and what not. Have some shoulder work tonight and it's going to be probably the same as this with just a couple movements, including one that will be slightly heavy. Letting the engine idle is good for me.

It seems the rec center has put signs in each of the squat rack that says "No curls allowed in the squat rack". Some may think that's a bit of an asshole move, but I've literally seen people wait for ten plus minutes for bro dudes to finish curling the bar with tens on each side while someone, or even myself, has waited to squat. I would have no problem with the luxury of using the rack as a curl station (don't shoot me), but if it's crowded, pick the shit up off the floor.

Lincoln and Chicago couldn't be anymore different. I enjoy my hustle and bustle of Chicago, but I enjoy the quiet here as well. I know once I graduate I want to be in Chicago, but I'm not above staying here BRIEFLY just to get my career moving. It's not a bad place, but not where I want to stay for the rest of my life.

I'm settling back into Lincoln well and a meeting with my advisor went well. It seems if everything goes according to plan, I'll be spending my summer in Nebraska and finishing my time here in the summer. Moving forward and it's good.


No comments: