Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Final Meet Weeks: Week 1, Day 1: Deadlifts

Didn't train Sunday and instead I opted to shift things down a day so this week I'll be training Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday.  I woke up yesterday and did some cardio as I want to be sure I'm keeping my weight down. Last time I weighed in I was 242 on the nose with underwear on, so I should fine come meet day.

Deadlifts:
135/15
185/10
225/5
275/3
315/3
405/3
495/1
585/1

Leg press: Top set was a heavy wet of five.

RDL: 3 sets

Felt really good with the 585 dead, it moved pretty easy to be honest. So I'm on track to break my 633 pr if I keep this up.

Nutrition wise, I just shifted some things around and make sure my carbs are ingested around my training and post training. I've been using Gaspari Glycofuse or True Nutritions Karboload (depends on my taste for the day) and adding some creatine and aminos to it. It's been working very well in terms of recovery and endurance during training sessions. Food's I've been ingesting have been basic as well. Chicken, Grass Fed Beef,  Wild Caught Salmon (canned kind from Trader Joe's)

Thats about it. Just a basic plan for some great results.

My heart goes out to Boston right now. Its a damn shame what happened.

No comments: