Thursday, June 21, 2012

Training and other stuff

Training:

It started off very craptatsic after Junior Nationals weekend, but picked up on Wednesday for speed bench. max effort upper and lower body blew ass chunks so I'm thinking as long as I stay hydrated (this heat is a motherfucker and I have no AC at home) and eat, I'll be able to smash dynamic effort lower. I don't have tons of time before the summer bash, so I need to be anal about how I go about the rest of this prep. Ive added in more carbs for their ability to hold water and lightened up on the protein consumption just a little. I cant eat massive amounts in the summer, so I have to adjust accordingly and not make excuses.

Rest is a constant issue. My sleep patterns are all fucked up so I'm trying to fix it.

Education

I got a C and was very close to a B on my spanish exam. Conjugation of verbs continue to murder me and I have to have a better grasp of the vocabulary. I honestly wasn't too worried because I just came off of a bombed Spanish class in Lincoln. I just wanted to move in the right direction. I've decided to retake the Spanish 102 in Lincoln again and get an A or a B in that (fuck C's). I really need to raise my GPA so I can do the things I want to do and also for myself. Interviewed someone and something really hit home for me. Why don't I put my all into school? I just need to do it and quit talking about it.

Professional Stuff:

My internship is going well with Flex and it's only going to get better. I will be covering the Masters and hopefully Tampa also. Have to thank Mike Salazar for the opportunity and all his help in my career, powerlifting and life in general. Appreciate the help Mike.

I was worried about getting an internship all year and I got one, and it's in an industry I love. The pay is ok, but it's money and there are many working for free so I can't complain.


Going Forward: 

Watch the blog, Flex and my twitter (my twitter is somewhat NSFW)

No comments: