Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Squat day and program re-evaluations

As normal Monday is squat day, but I did high bar olympic style squats to hit the quads more. Here is the breakdown.

170:5
215/5
255/3
300/3
340/3
380/3

Hack squat: 1pps(plate per side)/12, 2pps/6,6,6
Leg Press: 3pps/12, 4pps/10,12,10
Leg Curl: 80/12, 95/10, 125/10,7

Ideally I wanted to do more hamstring work, but I had a prior engagement that I need to take care of.

Okay........brand new programming parameters.

1: My main work will still consist of the 5/3/1 percentages, set and rep scheme however I'm thinking of just using weeks one and two for a little while. I havent decided what i'm going to do, but I'll decide before the end of the week.

2:The focus is now to build muscle. I'm doing it because I want more muscle and I wanted a different challenge. I wanted to bring up some weaknesses and go from there. Right now, quads are a weakness and I want to get them bigger. I have other stuff in mind, but it all points to gaining more muscle.

3: Assistance work is more bodybuilding focused. Slowly building up my volume as my endurance sucks cow dong right now.

3: No real bodyweight goals. If I can get to a halfway decent 250 then I'll be happy for right now.

No more prep for the International open. Just can swing it cost wise. I'll look to something in the summer or fall maybe.

Off to do homework.............ugh.

No comments: