Friday, November 4, 2011

Bench and Deadlift training

Brought my training max down for both lifts. 340 lbs for bench and 540 lbs for deadlifts

Bench: 135/5, 170/5, 205/3, 240/3, 275/3
Followed by dips and triceps extensions. Getting the triceps stronger will be a priority through out the rest of the offseason and throughout prep for the meet. This workout was done on Tuesday

Deadlifts: 225/5, 275/5, 325/3, 380/3, 430/3, 495/3

Followed by bent rows and pulldowns for some more lat work.

I hate deadlifting with iron grip plates. Thankfully there were some olympic style 45 lb bumper plates so it elevated the height a bit where the iron grip plates weren't that big of a deal, but I still felt thrown off a bit during the movement.

Bench went well and my setup is still evolving too. Like I said earlier I need, REALLY need, to address my triceps strength (or weakness) and have my bench shoot up. I cant be trying to get a 425 bench with 225 lb triceps strength.

All in all a good week! Cant wait to pull at Quads Gym in a couple weeks! And this is my new song for deadlift day.



The first verse pretty much reflects what i think of a lot.

No comments: