Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Easy Listening: Podcasts I'm Listening To

We live in a mobile world where everyone is constantly on the move. Some people don't like to carry books, newspapers or things of that nature on a commute, or may not even be able to. Such is life these days.

However, even though we are "busy" and on the go, there are tools you can use to listen to get better, more educated, etc. The tools are on your phone and the internet.

                                                               Enter Podcasts

I love podcasts. They're a great tool to use for listening to music, keeping up with current events, hearing interviews with interesting people, or just learning new things in general.

Much like my reading list right now, I have a list of podcasts that I'm listening to. Again, not an exhaustive list or anything like that. Just some that I like listening to to be entertained, educated, etc.


Bad Boy Bill Behind the Decks:






Anyone that knows me, knows I'm a house music fan and Bad Boy Bill is an old school dj from Chicago. I've been a fan of his since the early 90's when he was featured every week on B96 on Friday and Saturday nights.  I often use his mixes to train to and just get in the zone. Back when I was doing the Chicago Wings of Strength, his May 2013 mix got me through MANY a shitty cardio session.


The MFCEO Project:





I know I put Andy Frisella's IG profile in my last blog, but I think his podcast is golden too. It's usually him and his co-host speaking on business, but he brings guest entrepreneurs as well. The language is very colorful, but if you're sensitive, it's not the podcast for you. The one I'm listening to now is dated 2/19/18 and he has a guest on that has totally transformed his life after tipping the scales at more than 300 lbs.

The wonderful thing is that some of the podcasts are as short as 15 minutes. The longest I've seen is around an hour and a half. So they aren't long.



The Tim Ferriss Show:





I make no bones about me being a Tim Ferris Fan. I have most of his books (but have made excuses as to why I don't put plans in action.) His podcast, The Tim Ferriss Show, has numerous celebrity guests on and what they've learned in their journey going from good to great. My favorite one is with Terry Crews so far. And the cool thing about it, is that the podcast is done in front of a live audience.



Table Talk:




No so much a podcast, but close enough to be one for government work. This is more geared towards powerlifting than anything and is hosted by Dave Tate of EliteFts. Dave is a coach who's been there, done that, a Westside Barbell Alum and has literally ripped his body to shreds and is still going as best he can. He does the "podcast" in question and answer style, grabbing questions from Instagram and giving his opinion, which given his status in the industry, holds weight.

WenningStrength Podcast:

If you've been around powerlifting, you'd be hard pressed to not have heard the name Matt Wenning. His name is up and down in the record books for his hugely impressive squat.
I may be wrong, but I believe he was one of the first to focus on tactical training, which is how police, firefighters and first responders SHOULD train. He recently had Brian Shaw and Stan Efferding on his Podcast, so pick up some gems while you work, clean on drive.                             



Again, not an exhaustive list, but the goal this year is to expand what I'm reading and listening to! What do you have banging in your eardrums? Throw it in the comments section and let me know! Would love to hear them!









1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good shit big Larry