Monday, March 21, 2011

Stuff

This is the post of stuff. A little bit of life, a little bit of training, a little bit of commentary. So enjoy my stuff

Training: It's coming along good. I'm not sure if those are pr's I have hit so I would have to look back on my logs to see if I have hit either weight or rep pr's in the squat and deadlift, but offhand, I'm going to say no. I don't think I have set any significant weight or rep pr's. While I am making progress, it's just slow progress. And I'm alright with that seeing as that i want to be in this for the long haul and stay competitive. However, I'm going to have to give a bit more of myself on the gym floor. Do any of us ever give enough of ourselves to the gym in regards to improving. No, but we all come close. Our bodies quit before we do.

One thing I need to do is to leave the outside of the gym on the outside. Once I step inside, there should be nothing else going on. No phone calls, no texts, no bullshit. Just me, my partners, the weight and violence. Thats it! While the Nationals are in July and it's only late March, thats not a lot of time. So focus and intensity is of the utmost importance.

I'm making a contract with myself from here on out. Once I step in the gym, the outside ceases to exist until the last rep of the last exercise. No phone, no texts, no nothing. I just want weight. I'm leaving my problems at the door. They aren't going anywhere so they can wait a few.

Life: School is going. Spanish and business law are works in progress but I'm plugging at them nonetheless. Not really a whole bunch to say about school as if you are a student or have been at any point in your life, you know what I'm talking about.

I will say that I am going to embrace the night a bit more for studying. I function better at night as far as school goes and thats when my purest thinking comes. So these 3-4 am mornings will start to be commonplace for the remainder of the semester. As long as I have soe music and food, I can do work

Thats it on my end for right now. I just want to keep rolling and finish this semester off to go on the other academic pastures.

Persistence is nothing more than consistency with a few rough patches.

No comments: