Monday, February 21, 2011

Deadlift training, a Military Press fiasco and plans for competition

Deadlifts took place this past Friday and it was a decent session.

Top Set: 410/10

Leg press: 3pl/12, 4pl/12, 6pl/6,6

(pl stands for plates per side) Finished off with some cardio and called it a day.

On Saturday I threw the rule book out the window for military press and wanted to go all Mortal Kombat and "Test my Might" on it. If you've ever played the Original mortal Kombat you know what I mean.

Lets just say I'm glad I wasn't breaking digital 2x4's as it was nasty. I got it on my second set but lost balance and had to step forward a little bit to get it up. It also felt like my head was going to explode a bit. I'm glad I was able to grab some heavier weights and push a bit. I'll be throwing the rule book out the window also and pushing up weight again.

I also plan on going into the UPA nationals in April. I will use Juggernaut until the meet and after the meet, take a week "off" and then roll into some Westside style training and have even more fun. I've been wanting to go back to a Westside style program for awhile and this is a great opportunity to do so.

The 1600 raw barrier will be SMASHED at BOTH meets. The UPA Nationals and the USPF nationals. I'll stay in the 242's until I total elite USPF style while being gear deficient. USPF style is feet flat on the floor while benching and walk your squats out and single ply gear.

So thats that. i got a paper to write and a piece for my creative writing club and plenty of reading to do. Deload and stuff this week too so plenty of rest and ice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So I assume your victory was not flawless?