Sunday, June 4, 2017

What's Good

I am bad at blogging....really bad. But making a conscious effort to turn the tide on it.

Since my last post, I had stopped training for a little over a month. I recently crossed the Burning Sands into the land of Omega. After six years of numerous screw-ups (on my part) I finally became a member of the GREATEST fraternity (not up for debate), The Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.

So now, whats next? The Memorial Holiday is over....I'm about to enter my sixth, solid week of training. So whats the goal?

1: Get stronger: Really, that's always a primary goal for me. I'm not a fan of light days, but they serve their purpose in the grand scheme of things. I always try to push the max amount of weight I can for whatever bodypart I'm training. Over the past year I've been able to build a good base amount of strength. So I know on days I feel shitty, I can handle decent weight on exercises, so that base strength isn't going anywhere.

2: Improve Leg and Back Development: I don't care how good of a bodybuilder you are....people can tell how much you work from how developed you back and legs are. I'm not going to sit here and tell you that you need to squat "x" weight for "y" reps and your legs will grow, but you certainly have to figure out what you need to put some size on them. And they have to be trained heavy for reps. Legs are a bitch to grow, and the more emphasis you can put on them (especially while you're young) the better off you'll be in the long run.

Back is another one of those bodyparts that show how obsessed you are with slinging some weight around. It's a very dense group that requires thickness and width.

My plan is to keep hitting the heavy stuff for both legs and back. I would also like to get back under a squat bar and get it in.

3: Improve Nutrition: Don't need to really expound on this.....it's pretty damn simple ( this should really be number one to be honest)

4: Take Control of My Own Training More: I don't work with a coach on my own programming, but I pay for tools and resources from more knowledgeable people than me. But it comes a point in time when you have to take what you know, experiment and see what you can do on your own.

That's about it....I have what I want to do, now it's just time to put it into action.


No comments: