Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Omaha Prep: Just Under Eight Weeks Out and Changes

I'm going to kick this off with yesterdays training session, which was back.

Pulldowns:
85/12
120/12
160/12
180/10
200/10, 10(drop to)160/10

Bent Rows:
135/12
185/10
225/10
315/8,6

Suitcase Rows:
75/10
100/10,10,10

Hammer Strength DY Row:
3 sets

Seated Rows: 3 sets

Getting down to crunch time and while I'm better than I have been at this point in the past, I'm still not where I think I should be. Shift change at work doesn't help either. With that being said, we still do work, and I've done the following changes.

-I've been using Intra-MD so far this prep. Since we're in the single digits as far as weeks go, I'm going with aminos on shoulder/arm day and my second back day. That cuts out about 60 grams of carbs a day.

-Training may get an increase to seven. Not all of these will be hard workouts. I'm still on the fence about this.

-More supersets and drop sets. I haven't really used these techniques much, but adding these back in. Old school thinking of more definition.

-Stepmill is at twice a week so I don't flatten my legs out.

That's it for right now. Like I said, I feel good where I am, but I just need and WANT more so I can possibly be a competitive light heavy. Lots more to go.

No comments: