Thursday, March 12, 2015

Omaha Prep: Closing in

Leg training: 3/12/15

Today was my first attempt EVER at giant sets like Milos Sarcev (albeit with not many exercises).

Superset:
Seated Leg Curl
Leg extension: 4 sets each

Giant set round:
Leg Press
Front squat
Hack Squat: 4 rounds

Single Leg curl: 4 sets

This was challenging for a couple of reasons:

1: Logistics. I train in a campus recreation gym. It's nice and well equipped. However it still gets crowded with students. I train there as I have an extended membership due to my student fees back when I was a student, helped pay for the new weight room

2: Muscle fiber endurance. It's just a weakness, period. I want to be able to hit those DEEP fibers I don't normally get during my standard training.

3: Mental aspect: I need to get more intense during leg training. Not the beat yourself upside the head intense. But a more intrinsic focus, a' la Ed Coan.

225 this morning. So I'm feeling pretty good. Just worried about being in some great condition. Actually sick condition

No comments: