Monday, January 12, 2015

Last Week of Offseason and Contest Plans

I made myself go into an "offseason" for bodybuilding shortly after I i got an injury at a USAPL meet last year. At the time I was just a bunch of damn bodyweight slapped together with no shape at all really. I was pretty unhappy with how I looked, so I decided to take charge and trim off some fat. This was back in April. Fast forward to now and I start a new road to a bodybuilding show.

My last one was in 2013 and while it was successful, I missed being conditioned by a considerable margin. My shape was decent, you could tell I had a lot of muscle, but I wasn't lean enough. Not by any means. Yes I tried to do a meet and show prep in the same prep but I screwed up. Learned a lot of things from that and moved forward in preparing myself for a great contest outing.

So far so good is what I think. I've rounded out some bodyparts. I've made sure I was getting in a decent amount of food and just worked hard in the gym. I still stuck with the basic movements to keep, and build upon, the level of mass I had attained. Training has been fun again and I look forward to being at my best this May.

The bottom line for me is conditioning. I have to be in shape. Period. I have the size. I could even argue pretty decent density, but now its time for the condition to come through. For comparison purposes, here is where I was when I started prep for the 2013 Wings of Strength and here is where I was at a couple weeks ago.




So lets get in on

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's there Brother. You got it.