Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Training and stuffs

I'm sorry for the lack of updates on my prep. I havent turned on my computer since the last blog post and to be honest, I'm not sorry about it. I've just been focused on the task at hand and making sure I come in the best possible shape. On top of that, I just havent had a whole lot to say. I will strike on some things I'm doing right now.


- Volume has been pushed up. I'm keeping a running tab of how many reps I'm doing and I'm trying to beat that number each workout. I realize though as the rep count gets higher, the more exercises or sets I'l have to do. Thats fine by me. I'd rather lift more and do the same amount of cardio.

- Speaking of cardio, make no mistakes about it, I'm still doing it. Just not a shit ton like I did back in my 20's. Lets just say my knowledge base has increased a bit and tons of the shit is not needed.

- Switched my protein sources around and I'm eating chicken and tilapia quite a bit more. Salmon and grass fed beef is still in there. Usually in the morning due to the fat content kinda helping me get through the day. And well I also like beef in the morning. So there.

- Supps are Aminolast, Glycofuse, Vasotropin and Detonate by Gaspari, EVP by Evogen, Cell Dynamic and casein hydroslate by Truenutrition.com  Each one serves a purpose. I'm still trying to "volumize" and use the "pump enhancers" to help do that along with the volume training. If they don't work, hell, pacebo effect is a motherfucker. Straight broscience, I know.

- Mindset is improving each day. I take each day as it comes and don't too much worry about tomorrow. For those that don't know, I take a slight detour to get to the gym now. But it honestly saves me about ten minutes off my commute. So no biggie.

- Lastly me and a good friend are collaborating on dialing my training in more. We have been speaking about incorporating time under tension (TUT), eccentrics(negatives) and other things. Yes I'm sweating, yes I'm moving a lot of iron, but I'm not afraid to experiment. I'm in this thing to learn as well. Expect more on that in bigger post in the future. Hell, maybe even an article.

Thats it for right now. Things are moving forward and I'm feeling good overall. Onward.

No comments: