Thursday, May 16, 2013

Training and the New Challenge

Monday: Back

Lat Pulldowns:
80/20
120/15
150/15
180/10

Trap Bar Rows:
135/10
185/10
225/10,10

One Arm Rows:
105/10,10,10

T-Bar Rows:
140/10
175/10,10

Seated Rows:
135/10
165/12
195/10

FST-7 Lat Pulldown

Tuesday: Chest till I couldn't chest no more.



First couple of days of bodybuilding style training for my prep is officially in the books. Feeling pretty good overall even with increased cardio. As you can see, I've pushed up the volume pretty good and I'm really feeling that DEEP muscle soreness. I have to admit, I totally forgot how much of an all consuming effort contest prep really is (in addition to being pricey). I wake up and basically go from one side of town to the other and put my cardio time in. Roll back home and i'm only there for a couple hours. Enough time to cook and take a nap. Get up, go back and train. Go home and by that time it's almost 10:30 or 11 and it begins early in the morning again.

This schedule will soon have summer classes injected into it and I'll account for that later, but right now, this is how it's going down. I'm not super strong on reps right now. At least not in the 10-12 range, which is what I'm trying to do. My main thing is bringing my waist in and showing up in good condition to be competitive. I'm doing what I can and the judges will do the rest. I have a picture of how I want to look and I'm pushing for that look.

My diet hasn't been painful yet. I have switched to fish and chicken and reduced my red meat consumption a bit. Carbs are low but they fluctuate based on what I'm training. I hit legs tomorrow with a buddy, so I will take in some to get through the workout.

I'm going to write a New York Pro assessment  but only AFTER the competitor list comes out and I will have it here. I may submit it, but I'm not sure.  

Time To smash legs. Keep banging                            

No comments: