Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Bench Training

Worked up to 280 for 5 reps. I really did 6 though. I took a wider grip on the bar and utilized my fat gripz also. Fat Gripz are attachements you can put on a dumbbell or barbell and it mimics the effect of a fat bar. Fat bars take stress off the elbows a bit (at least for me) and gives you a stronger grip over the long haul. I bought them after reading an article by Charles Poliquin on the the effects of using a fat bar. I'll be using these attachements on the regular as I am having elbow issues. And I'll also use them for arm exercises as you get more fiber recruitment using a fat bar with barbells and dumbbells.

It's nothing really heavy this week. I work up to 95% of my training max next week and I need my head in the game. Gonna get a nice bloat going for squats on Monday so I can work up to around 500.


This is a video of Dave Ricks. International level powerlifter. And he's over 55. Whats your excuse? Thats right..........you dont have one



No comments: